BOAB METALS LIMITED
Boab Metals Limited (ASX:BML) is an ASX listed company developing the Sorby Hills Lead-Silver-Zinc Project in the Kimberley of Western Australia.
Sorby Hills is located 50km north east of Kununurra in the East Kimberley and is Australia’s largest undeveloped, near-surface Lead-Silver deposit with granted mining leases, EPA approval and is 150km from the Wyndham Port.
Established infrastructure and existing permitting allows for fast track production.
The Sorby Hills Lead-Silver-Zinc Project is currently being developed through a Joint Venture with a 25% contributing partner Henan Yuguang Gold and Lead Co. Ltd, the largest lead smelting company and silver producer in China.
- Sorby Hills is Australia’s largest undeveloped, near-surface Lead-Silver-Zinc deposit in Australia. The Project comprises of granted mining leases covering six known Lead-Silver-Zinc deposits in the Kimberley Region of Western Australia, 50km northeast of Kununurra and 90km east of Wyndham Port.
- The Project is a low risk operation located in a Tier 1 Mining Jurisdiction with an initial 10 year open cut mine plan underpinned by 92% Reserves and low cash operating cost.
- The Definitive Feasibility Study (“DFS”) highlighted the following:-
- Strong pre-tax economics including A$705m net cash flow, NPV8 A$370M, IRR 35%, and average EBITDA of A$119M per annum.
- High-confidence study with up-to-date tendered pricing for 75% of Capital Costs
- 78% increase in Measured Resources and a 12% increase in Ore Reserves highlights the Project’s economic feasibility.
- Potential to further improve metal recoveries at Norton with additional testwork across the high grade deposit.
- Cleaner and cheaper power will be supplied to the Project as a result of a Heads of Agreement that was executed with Horizon Power. The agreement is over a 10-year term with an option for Boab to extend. The cheaper electricity will be sourced from the Ord River hydroelectric plant to provide the majority of the energy demand of the Project and an on site diesel plant will provide 100% back-up power.
- Boab has a Port Access Agreement with Cambridge Gulf with respect to the Wyndham Port. The Wyndham Port is the only deep-water port between Broome and Darwin. The Port Access Agreement is a critical element of the path to market for concentrates that will be produced at Sorby Hills.
Boab Metals has a well respected board and management team with a proven track record in exploration and experience in building and operating mining projects.
We are dedicated to attracting the right people at every level. This in turn contributes to the Company’s ongoing success.
SIMON NOON MAICD, AFAIM
GARY COMB BE (MECH), BSC, DIP ED.
RICHARD MONTI BSC (HONS), GRAD DIP APPFIN., MAUSIMM
ANDREW PARKER LLB
JERRY MONZU FGIA, CPA, BBUS
SIMON L. DORLING, PhD
BOAB METALS LIMITED
Boab is dedicated to attracting the right staff at every level, maximising their contribution to the business and rewarding their performance. This, in turn, contributes to the Company’s ongoing success.Boab Metals acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country, the Aboriginal people of the many lands that we work on and their language groups throughout Western Australia and recognise their continuing conection to the land and waters. We respect their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of our regions and we pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging.
Keep up to date on the latest news stories and updates.